Turismo in Langa
Corso Torino 4
12051 Alba (Cn)
Alba Panoramica. The tour of Cento Torri
This tour in the medieval city center of Alba and through its “Cento Torri” (hundred towers) will also be a great occasion to discover interesting things about Alba and admire it from different panoramic points of view.
A “Turismo in Langa” qualified guide will lead you through the cultural heritage of Alba. This tour lasts approximately 1h45’ and will permit you to:
- get to know medieval architecture and discover that the famous towers in Alba never were a hundred.
- visit Piazza Pertinace and learn about the “Castellaccio” and the historic rivalry with the city of Asti.
- visit some important pieces of art in the Sala Consiliare of the City Hall (a Macrino d’Alba for example)
- admire Piazza Risorgimento from the balcony
- discover the bizarre “Libro della Catena” (book of the chain)
- admire the apse and the external frescos of the Romanesque church of San Domenico from the summer arena of Teatro Sociale Busca
- visit the church of San Giovanni Battista and its precious treasure of holy pieces of art
- hike the 40 meters high Torre Campanaria of the cathedral of San Lorenzo and discover that there are actually two bell towers, one from the X century and the other from the XII century
- enjoy a breathtaking panorama of the whole city and the hills of Langhe and Roero.
Groups must book. Prices depend on the number of members. Please call us for further information.