Torre di Camerana
The high medieval tower of Camerana stands among the castle ruins in the present structure of the village; the manor had belonged since the 13th Century to the Del Carretto family, who kept it for several centuries. The fist historiographic quotation about the castle is in a document about a conveyance of a huge piece of land to Ugo, a son of Bonifacio del Vasto. In 1468 it was transferred to Marquis Ludovico II of Saluzzo, and in 1490 to his son-in-law Sanseverino of Aragon (who married Margherita, Ludovico’s daughter).
The castle was extensively damaged during the war between the French and the Spanish in the 16th Century, but it was rebuilt and restored in the 19th Century and turned into a noble residence. Later it collapsed, but it is still possible to visit the tower.